A newsitem requesting users to switch to compressed files was first published on 16 December 2021 and the EMADDC team will now make the final change to switch off uncompressed files to save data bandwith and storage per 2022/12/06 10UTC.
The new set-up can be tested via the EMADDC test/acceptance server (ftppro.knmi.nl), available since September 2022.
The EMADDC team urges all data users to update their software accordingly to use the compressed (*.gz) files and to retrieve the data from the operational server ftpservice.knmi.nl .
- The ftp-server ftpservice.knmi.nl contains the output of the operational production, at present ver2.2
- production of 15 minute files
- latency of around 20 minutes (last obs. in file) to 35 minutes (first obs. in file)
- output formats: BUFR and txt (both gzipped and unzipped)
- From 2022/12/06 10UTC onwards data files will only be delivered in gzip format with the extension .gz
- Operational users are urged to use the operational ftp-server ftpservice.knmi.nl
The next update will be the upgrade to R2.2fast (see newsitem 22 September 2022) on 15 February 2023 and will be decribed in more detail in a dedicated newsitem. This update is also available for testing on the ftppro.knmi.nl.